Website localisation from English to Finnish
- Project type: Localisation of an entire website
- Languages: English to Finnish
- Localised for the Finnish market
- Longterm project: after website there were updates, social media posts and ads, blog posts and subtitles for videos
- Client: Stannah Stairlifts
- URL: https://www.stannah.fi/fi-fi/
- Volume: 45.000 words for the website, later several FB Ads, blog posts and subtitles for a presentation video
- Category: website localisation, marketing translation, blog articles
The customer needed a localised Finnish website adapted for the Finnish market.
Website for a stairlift manufacturer to support their local distributor
Stannah Stairlifts is a UK-based stairlift manufacturer. They wanted to have their website translated from English to Finnish to support their Finnish dealer.
That was a 45.000-words project to start with, which grew with updates, landing pages, campaigns, social media and Facebook copy and with some video subtitles, blog articles and other marketing related material.
Tone of voice was adapted for the Finnish market
The translation was done with Word files, one file per page, and translated using a translation memory software to maintain consistency with terminology and style.
As basis for the translation served their English website which the Finnish distributor checked. They noted that it was a bit too salesy for Finland so I was asked to adapt the English text in translating and make it sound more natural and selling without pushing.
The Finnish distributor was very pleased with the outcome and the Finnish website was launched as planned on schedule.
Skills needed & key features:
- Fluent and natural Finnish text, not too salesy
- Using the right terminology
- Researching the subject field and terminology
- Asking questions and clarifying problems
- Translation from English to Finnish
- Editing to make the text sound like originally written in Finnish
- Long-term project, helping with updates
What my clients say
Tuulikki has been essential in adapting our content marketing for the Finnish market, and the results we have achieved so far prove that. We’re very impressed with the high-quality standards of Tuulikki’s work, her ability to meet tight deadlines and the friendly manner in which she always treats us. We highly recommend Tuulikki if you’re planning to adapt your content marketing strategy for the Finish market.
Localisation project manager at Stannah Group
Curious to see more of my projects?
Ready to conquer Finland with a native Finnish translator and copywriter on your side?
Hey there, I’m Tuulikki Olkkonen – your Finnish language and market expert, translator and copywriter.
Do you need a captivating Finnish website, product descriptions or blog posts?
Or perhaps you are looking for a native Finnish copywriter who breathes life into your marketing materials?
Look no further, I’ve got you covered!
From me, you got Finnish copy that doesn’t sound like a translation.
German to Finnish and English to Finnish translation & transcreation and Finnish copy from scratch.
Just drop me a line and we’ll see how I can help you!